1. By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) and/or service(s) and/or participate in any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and the event sponsors (“the sponsors”), the individual is deemed to have given explicit permission for the Organiser and the Sponsors to collect, analyse, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the individual, any personal information relating to that individual as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its programmes, planning, data-processing and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions. The Organiser and the Sponsors declare by virtue of being the event owner or sponsor, they can use services of third parties;
2. To register as a volunteer, you must be 18 years old or older as of 1 January 2019.
3. Volunteers must ensure that information and details provided are correct. Information on briefing dates and any other important information will be disseminated via the email address provided.
4. All volunteers must be able to commit to the time schedules provided on the website. Trainings (if applicable) and briefings are mandatory for all volunteers, as important and useful information will be disseminated. Details for training or briefing sessions will be provided on the website. An email reminder will be sent to you prior to the trainings or briefings or any other key dates.
5. Volunteers will be allocated their preferred roles as far as possible, based on related experience or special skills they may have. However, the Organiser reserves the right to reallocate positions should the need arise.
6. Registering your interest via the official website does not confirm your appointment as a volunteer for the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2018. The Organiser will review all application of interest and only shortlisted applicants will be notified via email/SMS/phone call latest by 7 days before Race Day
7. Volunteers are advised to update the Organiser of any changes in their contact details ASAP to ensure the most updated information pertaining to the event is able to reach them in a timely manner.
8. Volunteers who wish to withdraw from the event must inform the Organiser of their intention by email immediately.
9. A face-to-face interview shall be conducted for volunteers short listed for “Volunteer Leader” positions.
10. Volunteers can select to volunteer for any or the entire 6 event dates.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse any volunteer registration entries.
Conduct and Dress Code
12. Volunteers are required to report punctually at the times stated by the Organiser.
13. Volunteers are strongly encouraged to keep the contact details of their leaders for emergency purposes.
14. Volunteers are strongly advised not to wear slippers, sandals or any other form of footwear that exposes their toes on any working day.
15. Volunteers are not allowed to wear branded apparel on working days that may conflict with the Event sponsors.
16. Volunteers are expected to wear the volunteer T-Shirt (provided) and display accreditation passes at all times while on duty. Accreditation passes are non-transferrable and gives you access only to areas where you are required to perform your duties.
17. Volunteer T-Shirts are to be kept clean and appearance must be neat.
18. No volunteer is permitted to remove or make copies of any documents pertaining to the event without prior approval of the organising team.
19. Release of any confidential information to unauthorized persons can result in dismissal from duty and could involve result in legal proceedings against you.
20. Volunteers will receive one Official Volunteer T-shirt if he/she works a single day and maximum of 2 Official Volunteer T-Shirts should he/she work more than a single day. Should he/she work more than 2 days, he/she is expected to recycle the 2 T-shirts provided to them.
21. Volunteers who do not fulfil the required duties as per their allocation may not be entitled to the volunteer’s certificate. This includes leaving early and/or arriving late. Should the volunteer have valid reasons, Organisers reserve the right to decide if he/she should get the volunteers certificate on a case by case basis.
22. The volunteer certificate will be downloadable on the website after the event for those who participated.
23. Volunteer Handbook will only be given out during the volunteers' briefings
24. Any emails or enquiries will be replied or attended to within 3 working days.
25. The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of volunteers for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
Dismissal of Volunteers
26. The Organiser will reserve the rights to dismiss the volunteer from his/her duties based on any of the following reasons:
27. Volunteers who are dismissed based on the above reason(s) and/or reasons that the Organiser deem unacceptable may be blacklisted and not allowed to volunteer for future Standard Chartered KL Marathon.
28. The organising team intends to provide volunteers an environment that is pleasant, healthy, comfortable and free from intimidation, hostility or other offenses, which might interfere in the course of the volunteer experience. All harassment offences of any sort will not be tolerated and should be reported to your respective leaders immediately.
29. Insurance Coverage:
Basic insurance coverage is provided for each volunteer. This includes accidental medical expenses and personal accident insurance coverage (depending on circumstances on how and when the accident occurred).
30. Accident & Emergencies: