Rules and Regulations
RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE KUALA LUMPUR STANDARD CHARTERED MARATHON 2021 VIRTUAL RUN
- The Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon (“KLSCM”) 2021 Virtual Run (the “Event”, “KLSCM 2021 VR” or “KLSCM VR” or “KLSCM 2021 Virtual Run”) is organised by Dirigo Events Sdn. Bhd. (the “Organiser”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). These Rules and Regulations, and all the terms and conditions and other relevant rules and regulations, applicable to the participants of the Event (“Participants”), can be found at www.kl-marathon.com (the “Official Website”).
- By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) and/or service(s) and/or participate in any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and/or the Event sponsors (the “Sponsors”), the Participants are deemed to have given explicit permission for the Organiser and the Sponsors to collect, analyse, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the Participants, any personal information relating to the Participants as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its programmes, planning, data-processing and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions. The Organiser and the Sponsors declare by virtue of being the Event owner or sponsor, they can use services of third parties:
- For storing data within and outside of Malaysia, whichever one is deemed most reasonable by Organiser;
- For development or implementation of programmes, products or services as it may deem necessary;
- For outsourcing of any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) and/or any activities;
- For promotional, marketing and/or administrative purposes;
- For all purposes as required by law, including without limitation court proceedings, criminal investigations or prosecutions or where so ordered by any competent authority;
- In connection with any proposed novation, assignment, transfer, sale, lease, license, partnership, joint-organising and/or any collaboration where and when required in relation thereto.
- In consideration of the Participants’ use of the Official Website, the Participants agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information contained in any registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”);
- Maintain the security of the Participants’ password and identification; and
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the Participants from time to time by email and/or mobile device. Any notice sent to the email address and mobile device registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participants. If a Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Organiser has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant's registration and refuse the Participant any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event at any time without prior notice to Participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform Participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refund in whole or part unless the Organiser deems fit to give a refund. The Organiser, Sponsors and Affiliates (defined below) shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused. The “Affiliates” shall include the Event co-organisers, co-sponsors, partners, volunteers, and any entity or person that provided products or services for the Event and Event activities.
- There will be strictly no refund available if the Event is cancelled for reasons of “force majeure” i.e., due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser or acts of God which render it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the start time or format of the Event. In the event of a change of start time or format, Participants will be notified of the revised start time or format with as much notice as reasonably practicable. No refund in whole or part shall be made for any change in start time or format of the Event.
- Participants take part solely at their own risk and the Organiser, Sponsors and Affiliates will not be responsible or held liable for any injury, damage, death or other loss howsoever arising from training for, before, during, or after participation in the Event or Event activities. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the race day. Participants must accept and understand that they must have the physical fitness suitable for the category that they registered for, by the day of the race.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event (including any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities associated before, during or after the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising, publicity purposes and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
- The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry to the Event and/or other programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving the Organiser and the Sponsors without giving any reason and/or notice.
- The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to Participants.
- There are individual and team categories with four (4) distances available, i.e., Full Marathon (42.2km), Half Marathon (21.1km), 10km and 5km. Only one (1) category and distance per participant is allowed. Change of distance and/or category is not allowed once registration has been completed.
- The age groups for each distance are as follows:
- Full Marathon and Half Marathon: 18-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61-65, 66 & above.
- 10km: 15-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61-65, 66 & above.
- 5km: 12-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61-65, 66 & above.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older on 20 November 2021 to participate in the Full Marathon category.
- Participants must be 18 years old or older on Saturday 20 November 2021 to participate in the Half Marathon category.
- Participants must be 15 years old or older on Saturday 20 November 2021 to participate in the 10km category.
- Participants must be 12 years old or older on Saturday 20 November 2021 to participate in the 5km category.
- Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain their legal parental / guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity declaration form during registration, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- Participants are strictly prohibited from swapping or transferring their race entry or allowing any other person to run on their behalf.
- Registration for the Event is only confirmed upon issuance of a race identification number and an e-bib number.
- Registration to enter the Event is free for all categories.
- During registration, Participants are given an option to make a donation to Futuremakers by Standard Chartered. The minimum amount for online donation is RM5 per Participant. Note that the donation is not tax deductible.
- Participants who registered for the Event qualify for free entry to the Practice Run Challenge. Participants may participate in this Challenge as an individual or as part of a running group / club by creating a new one or joining an existing one.
- Participants may complete multiple practice runs during the Practice Run Challenge period, i.e., between 12.00 am, 4 October and 11.59 pm, 31 October 2021 (GMT +8), and submit practice run records using one of the options outlined on the Official Website by 11.59 pm, 31 October 2021.
- There will be prizes for weekly and overall winners. The Practice Run Challenge Terms and Conditions will be available on the Official Website in due course.
- There are no designated race routes for the Event. Participants can choose their own route and location. Participants are encouraged to choose a route that is safe and has strong GPS signal. Participants are advised to follow all applicable laws and government guidelines in their country, state or local government area for COVID-19 and generally use safe pedestrian practices when on the roads.
- Participants are not allowed to run down a steep hill. A maximum permitted net drop (decrease in elevation) of 1m/km is permitted over the route distance. Out-and-back or loop routes are encouraged.
- Participants cannot cycle or rollerblade to complete the distance. All wheeled vehicles and objects are not allowed during the run at any time, including, but not limited to, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, hoverboards, bikes, motorcycles and cars.
- Participants are required to complete their registered distance anytime and anywhere outdoors in one attempt between 12.00 am, 20 November and 11.59 pm, 28 November 2021 (GMT+8) (the “Event Period”, “Race Period” or “Running Period”).
- There is no official app for the Event. Participants can track their run through any GPS running device or GPS running app.
- Participants are required to submit their run record using one of the options outlined on the Official Website between 20 November and 11.59 pm, 30 November 2021 (GMT+8) (the “Record Submission Period”).
- The Organiser reserves the right to seek further clarification and/or remove a Participant’s result if that Participant is found not having covered the entire distance or followed the outlined procedure.
- If Participants think they will rank in the top 5, they must run with a GPS running device (wearable device / watch) as they will be asked to provide proof of performance (heart rate, cadence and splits). The top 5 individual category finishers (male and female) for all distances and age groups, and the top 5 team category finishers for all distances will need to submit additional records for verification by uploading the screenshot files of their heart rate, cadence and splits from 10.00 am, 2 December to 11.59 pm, 13 December 2021 (GMT+8). Failure to do so may result in automatic disqualification. The Organiser reserves the right to reject verification of any file if the file is found to be altered in any way or if there is any question regarding the authenticity of the file.
- Any Participant who commences to run before 12.00 am, 20 November (GMT+8) and after 11.59 pm, 28 November 2021 (GMT+8) will be immediately disqualified. There is no cut-off time for each distance category. However, Participants are required to complete the full distance continuously in one attempt within the Event Period and submit their run record within the Record Submission Period. As a result of learnings derived from the inaugural KLSCM VR last year, you are advised to run at least 100 meters further than the required distance of your category to avoid potential discrepancies when you upload your run record.
- There will be no awards or prizes for the winners of the race. However, there will be a lucky draw with a grand prize for 1 winner. The Terms and Conditions of the Grand Lucky Draw are as per stipulated below these Rules and Regulations.
- The results on the Leaderboard will be used to determine the winners for individual and team categories.
- Individual Leaderboard
- The time taken for each Participant to complete their run will be recorded.
- The Leaderboard will be filtered by distance, gender and age group.
- Individual category Participants are ranked here.
- Team category Participants are also individually ranked together with individual category participants.
- Team Leaderboard
- The total time taken for each team member to complete their run is recorded.
- Teams are ranked when all three team members complete their run.
- Team category Participants are ranked here.
- Participants who successfully complete the full distance in the category they registered for will be given an e-certificate and access to the finisher photo frame. Participants can view their results, download their e-certificates and access the finisher photo frame between 28 December 2021 and 31 January 2022. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who were unable to complete the distance, did not submit their record within the stipulated period, disqualified or did not finish. There will not be any hardcopy certificate mailed out to Participants.
- For all Participants, any discrepancy in their results, must be conveyed to the Organiser via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days after the official results have been published on the Official Website. No requests for amendment of timing or ranking and follow-ups will be entertained thereafter.
- During registration, Participants are given the option to purchase KLSCM 2021 VR merchandise. Participants can also purchase the merchandise after registration. The Merchandise Terms and Conditions are as stipulated on the Official Website.
KLSCM 2021 VR – GRAND LUCKY DRAW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All registered participants of the KLSCM 2021 VR will be automatically eligible to take part in the Grand Lucky Draw subject to the Terms and Conditions herein.
- Permanent or contract employees of the Organiser and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses) are not eligible to win the prize.
- Participants must be 21 years old or older as at 20 November 2021 and based in Malaysia to be eligible to win the prize.
- At the end of the Event Period, 1 participant will be selected as the Grand Lucky Draw winner.
- Prize details are as per table below:
|Prize||Details||Number of Prize|
Prize inclusive of:
- 2 Race entries to an international marathon event in Europe in 2022.
- Return economy class flight tickets (ex-Kuala Lumpur) for 2 adults on an airline of the Organiser's choice.
- Accommodation for 4 nights.
- All qualified participants will be listed and sorted in ascending order in accordance to their e-bib number in the Organiser’s records. The total number of entries in the list will be divided by 2 and the result rounded down to the nearest whole number. For example, if there are total of 50,000 entries, then the total will be divided by 2. The result is 25,000. The winner will be the participant at the position number 25,000.
- The winner will be contacted via telephone call at their mobile number provided in the registration details by the Organiser’s representative within 14 working days from the end of Race Period. In the event the Organiser fails to contact the first shortlisted Grand Lucky Draw winner after 3 attempts due to reasons such as no answer, mobile number not in service, no connection or any other reasons whatsoever, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the said shortlisted Grand Lucky Draw winner. The next participant at the position number of 25,001 will then be contacted until there is a confirmed Grand Lucky Draw winner.
- The winner is entitled to travel with a person of his/her choice whose details they will share with the Organiser and whose travel is subject to them acquiring the required travel documents.
- The winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation that will enable them to arrive in the respective city including passports and visas.
- All passports or visa requirements must be taken by the winner and his/her travel companion at their own costs. The Organiser is not responsible for any consequences, including costs incurred, if the visa application of the winner or his/her travel companion is rejected or unavailable in time and reserves the right to withdraw the prize if, for any reason, the winner or his/her travel companion is unable to travel or attend the race and the Grand Lucky Draw winner or travel companion shall not receive any compensation in kind.
- Any additional cost, fees and/or expenses, government mandated or otherwise incurred by the winner or his/her travel companion in relation to the prize redemption which are not part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- In the event that the race day is shifted due to scheduling changes or any other reason, the Organiser shall endeavour to make the necessary changes to the flight and hotel bookings mentioned herein.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash or any other benefit in kind whether in part or in full.
- The Organiser reserves the right to substitute any items of the prize with that of similar value, at any time without prior notice.
- The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to seek further clarification and/or disqualify you if you are found or suspected of violating any of these Terms and Conditions or the Rules and Regulations of the KLSCM 2021 VR.